
Here's the cover image I made for a mixtape by DJ Sanga Genesis and Goodboy Clothing. The CDs were distributed at the Rock the Bells Festival Series this past July 20th in Toronto. The mix consisted of songs by the Native Tongues. The Native Tongues are a collective of "hip-hop artists know for their positive-minded, good naturedly Afrocentric lyrics". The collective includes A Tribe Called Quest, the Jungle Brothers, Queen Latifah, De La Soul, Common, Mos Def, Slum Village and many more internationally known rap artists. They are also called the "hippies of rap", which is the idea the idea I was trying to play with in the cover. If you would like a copy of the mix please feel free to contact me.

5 comments:
awesome job! GIVE ME A COPY OF THE MIXTAPE
I love the way you treated everything in the background, it pops out but doesnt take away from the flowers and hands!
Really nice work!!
nice album cover, mark!
this is awesome man! you always have a way with colour.
and horray for the blog update, keep it coming.
Heya Mark loving the work, I also love the fact that the DJ's name references video games (or at least i think it does?).
In any event I think we should do a robot collaboration some day, hey?
cheers,
rey
Post a Comment