Sunday, September 07, 2008

Methinks Presents: Road Trip 9



Here's an 11"X17" poster I did for Ryan Ringer of Methinks. Merging type and illustration was super challenging. I was trying to get an Escher feel to the city. Also at the time I was creating this piece I was reading Alan Moore's "Watchmen" and I'm pretty sure thats where the colour scheme came from.

Here's some info on the road trip:

METHINKS PRESENTS is back with yet another exciting installation of our NYC ROADTRIP - a super-funtastic relational art journey into the psychogeographical! And now with a whole new adventurous energy and revived direction! Oh what joyous urban fun we have planned for y'all!

Methinks Presents' NYC Roadtrip is an ongoing series of artist-run New York City adventures for members of Toronto's creative community - and for that matter fun-lovin' people in general - who want to make new social connections, find creative inspiration, conduct field research and explore everyday urban life beyond its usual context.

Methinks Presents, as lead by the Toronto-based performance artist and curator Ryan Ringer, is an arena for social networking, collaboration, experimental play, community building and the professional development of emergent and early-career cultural producers.

For the saucy specifics on NYC Roadtrip 9:
http://methinkspresents.org/nyc
or
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2230941906&ref=ts

7 comments:

vicki said...

wow man.
just... wow.
love the the unfilled figures, and i dont know, EVERYTHING ELSE about this also.
keep rockin' the colour. so good.

jesjit said...

i saw these up around ocad mark, good poster!

Alex Diaz said...

Mark, amazing stuff bro!!!!!!!! This has set the bar again.

JuanCarlos said...

great work mark!

josiah gordon said...

Hey Mark! This is really beautiful.

Looks great man, I love the Escher feel to it.

peace,
josiah

Simon Kim said...

wow... mark.
one of the best piece. It looks really strong.

Unknown said...

Hey Mark, great work here, anything complex i can't get enough of, amazing work synching the text with the shifting cityscapes.

Happy Holidays!

Dave